Skip to main content

I'm Not Sure How I feel about Loving Yourself Over Others


There is a statement that my friends use to tell me after every single break, and that was that I had to learn how to really self love to be sexy loving him.

Whatever that means...

This is what I thought before I actually sat down and thought to myself that maybe they are right. Maybe I need to really think about adjusting how I view myself. I need to look at how I put others before me but end up getting hurt in the end.

I have a huge heart. And with that I tend to allow people to do what they want because I don't want to upset anyone. I have come to learn that that isn't a good route to go.

I needed to learn how to become better for myself and started with learning to really love who I was as a person. I needed to better understand myself and learn what made me happy.

I also had to learn how to say no when I didn't want to do something. I had to figure out a way to become stronger despite all of my failures.

There comes a time when you have to sit down and realize that you are just as important as the next person.

That was the point when I stopped dating everyone and started dating myself. I started taking myself out and doing all those things I did for others for myself.

I want to share the stepping stones on how to love yourself more and more each day you try.
Taking the Necessary Steps to Loving yourself Unconditionally

1) Take yourself out on dates-I know this sounds weird but you have to learn how to be your own best friend. You have to be comfortable with taking yourself out without depending on the company of someone else.

I had to get courage to actually step out just fly. I started to go to eat, and the movies all by myself and I actually really enjoyed it.

2)Cook for one-You know that effort you put into cooking for someone else? Well it's time that your silly ass start actually cooking for your self. Make your favorite meal and sit with some candle lights while you eat.  I feel the love every single time I do it.

3)Bath yourself- Are you starting to see the pattern that I'm sharing here. You have to do the things that you do for your significant other for yourself. Bath yourself. Take a bath and spend time with yourself. Enjoy the quiet time and tell yourself how wonderful you are while you do it.

4)Buy yourself Something nice- I have a great time buying myself nice things. I always buy myself a new dress, or a pair of shoes when I want to make myself feel special. The same way you love someone else, you have to love yourself. It really isn't that difficult.

5)Hug yourself- Have you ever hugged yourself? I have and I continue to do so everyday. At first it was weird as hell. But then I got used to it. so much so that I made sure I never missed a day.

6) Talk to yourself- I stand in the mirror and I talk to myself. I encourage myself and let myself know that I love me. I love me so much that I refuse to allow another human being to misuse or abuse me in any kind of way. I will fight for my happiness. I will appreciate myself and take care of myself.

There are a million ways to love yourself daily but those are the few that I do on a consistent basis. You have to start somewhere, especially if you keep meeting the same losers and experiencing heart break.

There has to come a time when you stop and take a breath. Stop forgetting about yourself. You are just as important as the next man. Start acting like it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turning you Long Distance Relationship into the Real Deal

I have a tendency of quoting some of the best online bloggers, one happen to be a Sexy Loving Him love yourself first quote, "You have to know who you are before you can fully love another human being." How true is this? I have no idea. I Think that it might be possible to love someone other than yourself, before yourself. But I would have to talk to those people who are done it. Moving on... Lets talk about transforming a long distance relationship into the real thing. I have dated a few people who were half way across the country. Is it easy? Hell no, that's why we aren't together anymore. Can it be done? Hell yes, I've seen many people make a long distance relationship work. Like my parents. They are the holy grail to making a long distance thing work. People who are in the Military do it all the time. They also did it.. Further more, I think the transition from being in a long distance relationship and turning it into the real thing is the harde

The Beautiful Stats on Divorce